____________________________________

Saturday, September 13, 2014


When You Can't Find A Tweet

Check out SnapBird at www.SnapBird.org

In the last six years since I've been on Twitter, I have consistently tweeted. When I find an interesting article in my reading or anything else related to writing, I often will take a few seconds and send a tweet with a link to this article. Days, weeks and months of consistently tweeting has added up to over 21,000 tweets. Now that amounts to a bunch of information in my twitter profile

Sometimes I will reference an article and want to return to it. One of the best ways to find that article is to locate my tweet. But I have thousands of them and how do I easily find that information?

When I face this situation, I will turn to a free tool called Snap Bird. The first step is to authenticate your twitter account. You have to be logged on to your twitter account. It is a one-time process to authenticate your account. 

Snap Bird is easy to use and menu driven. You can search your tweets, a friend's tweets, your direct messages or tweets mentioning you or where you are someone's favorites. I like how this tool is quick and sorts through a number of tweets. If it doesn't find the tweet, then it can continue searching. The program has limitations but often using it, I can locate my missing tweet.

This tool has a specialized use—searching your tweets. For some of you, it may come in handy. I hope so.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comment:

At 5:11 PM, Blogger Lenore Buth at www.awomansview.typepad.com Left a note...

Thanks, Terry. Sounds like a useful tool.

 

Post a Comment


That's the writing life...

Back to the home page...