____________________________________

Tuesday, February 26, 2013


Back On the Road Again

Last fall my travel and speaking schedule was intense. I did six conferences in seven weeks. It was a wonderful experience and I met some fascinating new people and saw other long-term friends. I enjoyed my time on the road yet I was also relieved not to be heading to the airport each weekend.

For the last four months, I've been home at my desk working each day. Yes I've made some day trips to Los Angeles and other local places but I've not been traveling to conferences. This pattern is going to change tomorrow.

I'm headed to the airport, catching a flight to Houston, where I'll change planes then go to Orlando. I'm headed to the Florida Christian Writers Conference in Leesburg, Florida. 

Each conference is different in terms of the amount of teaching that I will be doing. For the Florida conference, I will be teaching one workshop about book proposal creation (one of my specialties). For the bulk of the conference, I will be meeting with individuals about their writing and see what I can do to help them. I enjoy these impromptu and individual sessions with authors to learn about their work.

I return from the Florida conference on Sunday and I'm home for three days. Then I drive to Los Angeles for Author 101 University. Rick Frishman, the publisher at Morgan James is the creator and host of Author 101. Several weeks ago I hosted a teleseminar with Rick. You can have immediate access to the replay and a free Ebook, Agents Pitching Insights. If you haven't heard this teleseminar, I encourage you to get the replay and listen because it is packed with information and insight about the importance of a writer's conference.

I'm going to be out at a number of events this year. I hope our paths cross at one or more of these events. Follow this link to see my schedule.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend




Labels: , , ,

0 Comment:

Post a Comment


That's the writing life...

Back to the home page...