____________________________________

Sunday, February 24, 2008


Your Memoir On Your Nametag

It was an unusual book launch from Smith's magazine for a book called, "Not Quite What I Was Planning: Six-Word Memoirs By Writers Famous and Obscure."

The article, "Say It All In Six Words" in The New Yorker is where I learned about this book. The economy of words is a valuable lesson for any writer and something I recommend. I have written hundreds of book reviews for example over the years. It's a challenge to say anything of depth yet cover a lot of ground in about 300 words or less. It is great training.

For fun, this book launch includes a short video on Amazon.

It's interesting to me that this book is getting some fairly high-profile buzz from these sources. If you have a new book that is about to come into the market or maybe it is already in the market, can you learn something from this example and do it with your book?

Labels: , , ,

1 Comment:

At 12:35 AM, Blogger Pete Moring. Left a note...

Say It All In Six Words?

Now there IS a challenge.

I'm off to give it a go.

Pete.

 

Post a Comment


That's the writing life...

Back to the home page...