____________________________________

Monday, January 21, 2008


A Clever Romantic Comedy

I'll admit something in unusual for a man. I love almost any romantic comedy. My wife and I have been waiting for the release of 27 Dresses and watched it this last weekend. It is a clever romantic comedy and the writing is sharp and fascinating. It may seem unusual to comment on the writing in the opening but many people forget that any good story line in a movie is always based on a good script. This one shines in my view because it's based on one of the common themes of a romantic comedy--the search for true love.

You've probably heard the saying, "Always a bridesmaid and never a bride." Jane has been in 27 different weddings but never married. There is considerable variety in the 27 types of weddings and dresses. It was fun to see how Jane handles the wedding for her younger sister then the twists in the story for the ending. I'm not going to spoil it for you but I'm recommending it if you like these types of films. James Marsden plays a key role in 27 Dresses along with the lead actress Katherine Heigl. Marsden is also in the Disney film Enchanted which we've seen twice and has such a happy innocent theme that my wife is talking about going a third time.

I found both films engaging and worth the time.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comment:

At 1:38 AM, Blogger Rebecca Laffar-Smith Left a note...

Thanks for the recommendation! :-)

I'm looking forward to watching both movies. 27 dresses will have to wait until DVD. I don't think my kids could watch it. I will take them to Enchanted when I have a chance. Of course, we're all hoping to see The Golden Compass first. There are a lot of wonderful movies out this season.

 

Post a Comment


That's the writing life...

Back to the home page...