____________________________________

Thursday, December 06, 2007


Use Power Verbs In Your Writing

Each Wednesday, I listen to The Wednesday Minute from Alex Mandossian. I've mentioned this free program before but his information yesterday was particularly relevant to writers--of all persuasions. Whether you write copy for advertisers or nonfiction or magazine articles or fiction books, you need to pay attention to the number of adjectives you use in your writing.

Instead of sprinkling adjectives into your material, make sure you are using power verbs. Put the work of the writing on the verbs instead of trying to lean on the weaker adjectives.

First, I recommend you listen to yesterday's Wednesday Minute. It will take you less than six minutes.

Next, make sure you download the Resource and study these power verbs. They will strengthen your writing.

This little program includes some solid advice if you are struggling with writer’s block as well as improving your writing.

Finally, if you want to receive The Wednesday Minute, sign up on this website. I recommend you do it quickly and ignore the antics of Rick Raddatz who has turned this tool over to Alex Mandossian.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Labels: , , ,

6 Comment:

At 6:16 PM, Blogger William Neill Left a note...

Thanks for the links. Very helpful. Would it be okay for me to link your blog on my blog? It is at fictionalphenic.blogspot.com if you want to check it out first.

It is basically daily writing exercises.

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger BillB Left a note...

Great post, I do try to do this as much as possible

Does everyone write their own posts? I am at the moment, but i'm considering hiring a Bellevue Wa Copywriter to help me out, what do you think?

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Terry Whalin Left a note...

Bill,

Not everyone writes their own posts. I do but I've written all sorts of things for many years. It's a choice and if you want to hire someone else, that would be fine in my view.

Terry

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Anne Wayman Left a note...

Well this is nifty... and I like the teleseminar tool too... amazing what we find on the web... thanks.

Anne Wayman
www.thegoldenpencil.com

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger MaxJ Left a note...

Fantastic post! Very useful, I really enjoy writing, but I find it very difficult to make a living out of it!

Everyone seems to expect high quality for peanuts! I blame the automatic article generation tools! The only tool I use is Glyphius to create useful articles, atleast they're not automatically generated!

 
At 3:30 AM, Blogger David Jones Left a note...

Great post, I really enjoy writing. Although I dont make a huge amount of money out of it it's a good hobby.

Is there anyone here who can make a living on writing alone?

I get quite a lot of advice on maintaining my blog from James Brausch, I'm quite new to the idea of internet businesses!

 

Post a Comment


That's the writing life...

Back to the home page...