____________________________________

Saturday, September 15, 2007


A Viral Blog Traffic Tool

Today I received an invitation to join the Blog Rush site. It's a new syndication method to get your blog entries out to a broader audience and generate more traffic. The traffic is divided into different categories and I selected "writing and literature" for my entries on The Writing Life.

Registration is simple and to activate your account, you put a widget on your blog like this one:

Notice that it is pulling from other blogs which are in the system in my category. Behind the scenes they are monitoring abuse and will kick the spammers and others who have bad motives off the syndication network. It’s brand new but I suspect it's going to be viral and spread to many parts of the blogsphere in a short amount of time.

I plan to keep an eye on the various entries, check them out and see how they relate to my entries. You can do the same. Try it and see what happens.

I hope Blog Rush helps some of you.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comment:

At 4:31 AM, Blogger Beaman Left a note...

I found you through BlogRush. It's a great system.

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger Brandy Brow Left a note...

Thanks--I clicked through and signed up my blog The Building Brows. I look forward to reading similar blogs through this new service. As always, great marketing tip.

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Gina Conroy Left a note...

I found a similar tool Criteo widgets. http://widget.criteo.com/

And was wondering if you knew anything about them and if it's a similar to Blog Rush!

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger Terry Whalin Left a note...

Gina,

Your widget Criteo is a new one for me. I guess you have to pick and choose. It doesn't seem possible to be involved in every one of these listings--but to me it does seem worth it to be involved in at least some of it.

Terry

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Gina Conroy Left a note...

Thanks Terry,

It looks like many of my writing friends are going with BlogRush so I'll give it a try!

 

Post a Comment


That's the writing life...

Back to the home page...