____________________________________

Friday, November 03, 2006


Daily Writing Tip at Your Site

How would you like to have a brief writing tip on your own website—which automatically changes every day? 

If it sounds impossible, it’s not. It’s just as close as cutting and pasting a small amount of computer code. If you can cut and paste, then you can put this tool on your site.  I’ve attempted to create short (one or two sentence) writing tips which will be applicable to all types of writing. The date and the tip automatically update each day.  If you have a website or a blog, it’s easy to paste this code into your blog. If you want to see it, check out The Writing Life—and look in my sidebar (the right-hand column).  The tool has 31 tips but will soon expand to additional tips. I’d love for you to use it and my hope is that it will help many people.

Book-Proposals-That-Sell-coAs I mentioned over a week ago, I chatted for two hours at the Institute of Children’s Literature website about book proposals.  I was typing and teaching as fast as I could go during this session.  Now the transcript is available and it’s eleven pages. I hope you will check it out and find it as useful information for your own writing.

Finally, on National Author’s Day, November 1, I did an early morning radio interview with Scott and Lorri (Mornings with Scott and Lorri on Sirius). We talked about Book Proposals That Sell. This interview is stored in a podcast format and available for you to download.

OK, this entry includes three resources. I’m eager for others to use the Writing Tip of the Day. If you receive this email via feedblitz, then please forward it on to your writing group or your friends.  I hope it will spread like wildfire across the Internet to help many people.

15 Comment:

At 8:32 AM, Blogger Heather Ivester Left a note...

I like this daily writing tip! I've already got it up live on my site. It's something helpful to offer my readers -- thanks!

www.mom2momconnection.com

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Jerome Left a note...

That's a great idea, Terry. I'll have your daily tips up on my blog soon. And I'm glad you were on Scott & Lorri's show. They're great people. I hope it results in many new contacts for you.

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger The Encourager Left a note...

Hi Terry! I just added your "Writing Tip of the Day" to my blog http://www.edjhorton.blogspot.com.
Thanks for sharing!

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger C.J. Darlington Left a note...

I added this to my blog as well.
http://cjdarlington.blogspot.com
I'm not nearly as prolific with it as I probably should be. Jerome -- I recently finished your book and plan to review it for TitleTrakk.com. I'll send you a link when it's up.

 
At 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a note...

Your tip box - is on my site...thanks for the excellent advice and information...your blog is great.

 
At 2:43 AM, Blogger Susan Barnes Left a note...

Hi Terry, I would really like to add your writing tip to my blog but here in Australia we format our date like this: day/month/year. So my Australian readers would read it as if today's writing tip was for 11th April. Is this problem fixable?

 
At 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a note...

I've added the daily tip to my blog, Terry. Just this past week I read your book on writing book proposals that sell. Excellent. Watch for another success story soon! ;)

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Lena Nelson Dooley Left a note...

I'm having my blog guru add this to my blog this week. Thanks for the info, Terry.

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Lynette Sowell Left a note...

Great idea, and a useful tip.
I've added this to my blog.

http://myslicesoflife.blogspot.com/

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Gina Conroy Left a note...

I saw it on mom2mom connection and copied it to my writing group blog! It's wonderful! Thanks!

www.writermominterrupted.blogspot.com

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger Camy Tang Left a note...

Great idea, Terry! I put it up on my Story Sensei writing tips blog.

Camy

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Crystal Laine Left a note...

What a great idea, and a nice thing to add to our blogs. I appreciate your blog, too, and am a regular reader. Quite helpful.

 
At 10:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a note...

Very cool, Terry, thank you!

Margo Carmichael from Margo's Moments

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun Left a note...

Cool! I've got it live on my blog and I'm going to share with the CFBA!

 
At 6:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a note...

Hi Terry,

I've also added it to my writing blog at http://anewnovelistsjourney.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment


That's the writing life...

Back to the home page...