____________________________________

Saturday, November 19, 2005


Right Word Puzzle Contest

I’ll admit that in general I’m not much on entering contests or filling out crossword puzzles. I know millions of people love the challenge of a good crossword puzzle.  I’ve often pulled out the airline magazine in the back pocket of the seat in front of me and (particularly if late in the month) I’ve discovered a completed crossword puzzle.

Several weeks ago The New Yorker included several pages of full-color ads for a new contest from The Bantam Dell Publishing Group called Finding the Right Word.  Even the headline drew me into reading, “Great writers are great storytellers: they rarely are at a loss for words. The ability to unravel a yarn, deliver an adventure, and bring a voice alive for readers is what sets the storyteller apart, and what keeps us, the readers, satisfied. But finding the right word is no easy task.”

With three different crossword puzzles, they’ve launched The Right Word Sweepstakes. The first prize is three novels a month from Bantam Dell—for every month in 2006. First, you complete all three crossword puzzles, then send in your submission and enter into this drawing. Follow the link to see a printable version of the puzzles and the contest rules. If you want to take a break from your writing, it might be just what you need.

1 Comment:

At 8:28 PM, Blogger Camy Tang Left a note...

Thanks for the link--my mom loves crossword puzzles.
Camy

 

Post a Comment


That's the writing life...

Back to the home page...