____________________________________

Friday, April 22, 2005


Home Again

To make any entries about the Writing Life has been a challenge for me over the last eight days. I’ve been in New York City at the American Society of Journalists and Author meetings. These sessions were terrific. Then I went to Asheville, North Carolina for the Blue Ridge Mountains Christian Writers Conference.  At Blue Ridge, I taught for over eight hours plus met with many individual writers.

Now I’m back home and able to return to these entries as well as numerous other things. I love to teach at conferences. It gives me an opportunity to give back directly to other writers as well as have some give and take on the various trends and aspects of publishing.  Also it provides an opportunity to talk with other colleagues about the business, to learn more about various aspects as well as potentially gain some other assignments.

If you’ve never attended a writer’s conference, then learn about the benefits. Also plan your strategy to attend one. Select the conference that is right for you. There are a wide variety of possibilities.  I understand it involves an investment—in terms of time away from your writing and family and expense. It’s well worth it from my perspective. There is always something good about coming back home. It was almost 1 a.m. when I returned last night. It will take a few days to recover from the adrenaline which has been pumping constantly through my system as I’m meeting new people and teaching. I’m ready for a few days of calm and more entries on the Writing Life.

1 Comment:

At 6:03 AM, Blogger C.J. Darlington Left a note...

Welcome back, Terry! Looking forward to reading your entries again.

 

Post a Comment


That's the writing life...

Back to the home page...